Attendance on Demand is based on three decades of experience in labor management technology.
Exempt or Nonexempt
3 Strategies to Ease Employee Reclassification
Changes to overtime rules beginning December 1, 2016 will qualify millions of additional employees for overtime pay. Consequently, many employers will be determining which employees qualify as exempt or nonexempt under the new rules. This paper examines:
- The increase in the minimum salary threshold for overtime
- Reclassification options for employers
- Common errors and important considerations when reclassifying employees
- Three strategies to ease reclassification issues
Who should read this?
Payroll and HR professionals who are:
- Facing increased labor costs with the new overtime threshold
- Considering reclassifying employees as exempt or nonexempt