Precise—and efficient—nursing coverage is crucial to maintain quality healthcare for patients and healthy finances for the institution.
Hassle-Free PBJ Reporting Under the Affordable Care Act
Beginning July 2016, long-term care (LTC) facilities must report staffing and census information quarterly through a new software application, Payroll-Based Journal (PBJ). Are you prepared?
Let Attendance on Demand remove the burden of tracking and submitting reports:
- Simplify the submission process and meet PBJ staffing regulations
- Automatically calculate CMS required midnight to midnight hours
- Set up schedules and comply with mandated labor ratios of nurses to patient
- Proactively manage employee status for the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
A Powerful Tool for Nurse Schedulers
Help your nurse scheduler minimize labor costs with Attendance on Demand. The system can help you:
- Staff adequately to meet mandated coverage standards.
- Measure actual PPD hours and scheduled PPD hours in real time.
- Locate replacement nurse candidates when absences or census changes dictate additional staff.
- Ensure adequate coverage when granting time off requests.
Pain Relief for the Payroll Department
Reduce the hospital system’s exposure to increasing lawsuits regarding federal labor laws and union rules. Save the payroll department time by:
- Automating accurate calculation of overtime rates.
- Automating Baylor pay calculations and complex shift differentials.
- Simplifying FMLA tracking for employees.
- Integrating seamlessly with payroll and HR systems.
- Allowing employees to access their own vacation and sick time balances.
- Automating the leave request process.
Convenience for Medical Staff
Web-enabled time clocks allow employees to punch with no installation hassles. Employees with many changes between departments or cost centers can track their own workgroup transfers using online timesheets, available from their web browsers.